DHA Awards DHA Awards
The DHA Shining Star Awards Purpose
- To Demonstrate appreciation of a Dental Health Aide for their contribution, dedication and sacrifice. Nominated DHAs should employ the spirit of the Dental Health Aide Program and show a positive impact through serving their patient(s), community or cause.
- To garner statewide recognition for the work of individual DHAs and highlight the ongoing challenges and heroics of Health Aides as a novel, courageous group of healthcare providers.
DHA Award Guidelines
- DHAs eligible for awards must be employed by an Alaska Tribal Health Organization past or present in good standing currently (or formerly if no longer employed).
- Anyone within and external to the DHA program can nominate a DHA for an award.
- Nominations are accepted online through this site.
- The Dental Academic Review Committee is responsible for the selection of the best candidate for each category from the eligible nominations submitted.
- Awards will be presented at the Health Aide Awards Ceremony held annually in November.
- The employing Tribal Health Organization is responsible for travel costs and accommodations for the DHA to participate in the awards ceremony.
- If your nominee is not selected for an award, we invite you to submit your nomination the following year. Nominees will not automatically be resubmitted for consideration.
A Rising Star is a Dental Health that has been employed less than five years who demonstrates excellence in their role as a DHA and demonstrates excellence in their role by continuously delivering exceptional patient care, has somehow improved the healthcare delivery system and enhanced the level of care in their community, and has demonstrated balance between work and personal life.
A Shining Star is a Dental Health Aide that has been employed five years or more and demonstrates excellence in their role by continuously delivering exceptional patient care, has somehow improved the healthcare delivery system and enhanced the level of care in their community, and has demonstrated balance between work and personal life.
Outstanding Accomplishments (in Health Outcomes/in the Community)
An outstanding accomplishment is an event that has made a substantial impact in the community and/or patient care. A successful candidate will have demonstrated exceptional service that has somehow impacted the health outcomes for an individual or the overall community.
A Setting Star is presented in memoriam to the DHA that as provided a vital community service. All nominations will be recognized. Please provide a biography and a photograph of the nominee (if available).
The Dental Academic Review Committee Annual Dental Health Aide Shining Star Recognition Awards online nominations can be submitted annually. The online nomination form is located on this page to the left.