CHAP Training Pre-Session
Pre-Session is designed to prepare Community Health Aide Trainees (CHA-T) for the prospective training and their jobs as health care providers in rural Alaska. The Community Health Aide Program Pre-Session course is currently offered online through the Distance Learning Network.
- Introduce the CHA-T to the role and responsibilities of a Community Health Aide.
- Introduce the CHA-T to the Alaska Community Health Aide/Practitioner Manual (CHAM) and its use.
- Provide introductory knowledge and skills for the CHA-T to build on in Session I.
- Provide hands-on exposure to what a health care provider really does.
- Introduce the CHA-T to the role and responsibilities of an adult learner.
- Assist the employer to determine what, if any, additional educational experiences the CHA-T needs prior to entering Session I Basic Training.