ADTEP Admissions Process
The Alaska Dental Therapy Educational Program (ADTEP) is offered in partnership between Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) and Iḷisaġvik College. Dental therapy students will complete didactic (classroom), laboratory and clinical learning experiences under the direct supervision of an ADTEP Clinical Instructor Dentist. The course of study is equivalent to three academic years. Upon graduation, DHATs are typically employed with a Tribal Health Organization and provide care to rural communities or underserved populations.
Applications can be submitted online November – March, through the ANTHC Job Openings website, position is listed as DHAT Student. The application portal will be closed in April of each year.
DHAT Student Applicant Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to pass a background check
- Negative Drug Test
- U.S. Citizenship
- Canada First Nations Applicants that meet the INA limited Jay Treaty guidelines, go to this link for more details: https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/first-nations-and-native-americans/
- Do I apply directly with a Tribal Health Organization (THO)? Yes, many THO’s have early application deadlines.
- How do Tribal Health Organization Sponsorships and Scholarships work? THO’s may support sponsored students by providing: travel assistance, living and rental stipends, payment of tuition and course fees.
- Am I allowed to apply to the program without a Tribal Health Organization Sponsor? Yes.
- Can I apply for financial aid? Formally accepted students are eligible to apply for grants and scholarships. Iḷisaġvik College oversees the financial aid award processes. Students are not eligible to receive state or federal student loans.
- When can I submit an application for admission to Ilisagvik College? All ADTEP Applicants are screened and final applicants interviewed in May. Once the ADTEP Admissions & Recruitment Committee issues an acceptance letter to ADTEP, students are then eligible to submit applications for admission to Iḷisaġvik College.
- Are transfer credits accepted? Yes, transfer credits from eligible institutions will be assessed by the Iḷisaġvik College Registrar.
- How many DHAT students are admitted in each cohort? At this time, we can accept up to six students per cohort. New cohorts start every summer.
Questions? Contact us at 907-729-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Iḷisaġvik College Course Catalog and Costs
- The course catalog can be accessed through the Iḷisaġvik College at the following link: https://www.ilisagvik.edu/
- Costs: 2022-2023 Iḷisaġvik College Tuition per credit hour is $205
- ADTEP Course Fee per credit hour is $355 in state and $775 out of state
- Administrative fees also apply, please visit the Iḷisaġvik website for costs overview: https://www.ilisagvik.edu/become-a-student/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance/