ADTEP Application Process
The Alaska Dental Therapy Educational Program (ADTEP) is offered in partnership between Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) and Iḷisaġvik College. The program supports health providers in the dental profession by offering academic credentials in addition to the certification. Dental therapy students will complete the didactic (classroom) and pre-clinic phase in year one. The second year is the clinical phase which also includes travel to remote villages to provide community-based oral health preventative care with a supervising ADTEP Clinical Instructor Dentist. The course of study is equivalent to three academic years. Upon graduation, DHATs are typically employed with a Tribal Health Organization and provide care to rural communities or underserved populations.
Applications can be submitted online through the ANTHC Job Openings website, position is listed as DHAT Student. This is not an employment application, and therefore not a guarantee of employment or sponsorship. https://anthc.org/careers.
The deadline to apply is July 15, 2022.
DHAT Student Applicant Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to pass a background check
- Mandatory drug screening is administered as part of the admissions process.
Questions? Contact: Rachel D. Schierholt, ADTEP Sr. Program Manager 907-729-5600 or email email@example.com
Iḷisaġvik College Course Catalog and Costs
- The course catalog can be accessed through the Iḷisaġvik College at the following link: https://www.ilisagvik.edu/
- Costs: 2019-20 Iḷisaġvik College Tuition per credit hour is $165
- ADTEP Course Fee per credit hour is $355.00 in state and $775.00 out of state
- Administrative fees also apply, please visit the Iḷisaġvik website for costs overview: https://www.ilisagvik.edu/become-a-student/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance/