2023 Dental Academic Review Committee Annual Dental Health Aide "Shining Star" Recognition Award Nomination
Deadline to Submit 8-31-23
Nomination Choices-select one
Dental Academic Review Shining Star Awards Purpose
1. To demonstrate appreciation of a Dental Health Aide for their contribution, dedication and sacrifice. Nominated Dental Health Aides should embody the spirit of the Dental Health Aide Program and show a positive impact through serving their patient(s), community or cause.
2. To garner statewide recognition for the work of individual Dental Health Aides and highlight the ongoing challenges and heroics of Health Aides as a novel, courageous group of health care providers.
Dental Academic Review Committee Shining Star Awards Guidelines
1. Dental Health Aides eligible for awards must be employed by an Alaska Tribal Health Organization, past or present in good standing currently (or formerly if no longer employed).
2. Anyone can nominate a Dental Health Aide for an award.
3. Nomination forms are to be submitted on line to using this online link, or a PDF can be downloaded and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Dental Academic Review Committee is responsible for the selection of the best candidate for each category from the eligible nominations submitted.
5. Awards will be presented at the Health Aide Awards Ceremony held in Anchorage in Fall 2023. The employing Tribal Health Organization is responsible for travel costs if they wish to send the awardee to participate in the Anchorage Awards Ceremony.
6. If your nominee is not selected for an award, we invite you to submit your nomination in the following year. Nominees will not automatically be resubmitted for consideration.
Rising Star Award Guidelines
A Rising Star is a Dental Health Aide that has been employed less than five years who demonstrates excellence in their role as a Dental Health Aide and demonstrates excellence in their role by continuously delivering exceptional patient care, has somehow improved the healthcare delivery system and enhanced the level of care in their community, and has demonstrated balance between work and personal life.
Shining Star Award Guidelines
A Shining Star is a Dental Health Aide that has been employed for five years or more and demonstrates excellence in their role by continuously delivering exceptional patient care, has somehow improved the healthcare delivery system and enhanced the level of care in their community and has demonstrated the balance between work and personal life.
Outstanding Accomplishment Award in Health Outcomes in the community
An outstanding accomplishment is an event that has made a substantial impact in the community and/or patient care. A successful Dental Health Aide will have demonstrated exceptional service that has somehow impacted the health outcomes for an individual or the overall community.
In Memoriam Award
This award is presented in memoriam to the Dental Health Aide that has provided a vital community service. All nominations will be recognized. Please provide a biography and a photograph of the nominee if available. Photographs can be emailed to email@example.com